In the wake of COVID- 19 outbreak, many countries have initiated a Lock-down Policy to help curb the imminent spread of the novel coronavirus. Due to this, several industries, companies, and institutions including schools have been temporarily shut down.
Students have been rendered incapable of having a full one-on-one teaching experience with their tutors. However, thanks to the Internet, students, among other people, can learn online.
Online educational tools have completely uplifted the scope of learning. Quite a number of websites have been built to help facilitate and equip millions of people, including students across the world with skills, ideas on business creation, and also help improve their intellect.
To those seeking to acquire new skills, ideas, or impact their level of intellect, there are a vast number of websites for you to learn from, and here are 20 best sites for online education, narrowed down and categorized by the type of learning experience they offer.
- Coursera: Students have the opportunity to choose from more than 3,800 courses and 400 Specializations from Coursera’s university and industry partners. Every course on Coursera is taught by top instructors from world-class universities and companies, so you can learn something new anytime, anywhere.
- Creative Live: Here, you have access to a wide range of expertise from top individuals in photography, business, design, craft, and audio.
- edX: Join over 16 million learners in highly actionable online classes backed by Harvard, MIT, and other prestigious institutions from around the world. Some courses here are taken just for the love of learning, while others can earn you a degree or certificate.
- Udemy: Udemy is all about options. Students choose from over 130,000 online courses, which cover a broad range of focuses and make use of more than 50,000 instructors.
- Investopedia: Want to learn about finance, trading stocks, market analysis, and free trading simulators? Then Investopedia is the right place for you.
- Bigger Pockets: Bigger Pockets is the premier social network for learning and understanding everything there is about real estate investing.
- Skillshare: Here, you get to explore new skills, deepen your existing passions, and strengthen your creativity. What you find just might surprise and inspire you.
- Duolingo: Want to learn a foreign language? Then Duolingo is a place for you. Learn a language for free.
- Rype: Choose from a wide range of languages and become fluent in any of your choice. You get to meet professionally handpicked teachers who will carry you through your learning period.
- Memrise: The fastest way of learning a language is by practicing constantly what you’ve learned. Watch and learn real conversational language from native speakers. Get a personalized learning experience that gives you just the right level of challenge to keep you motivated.